I used two different shirts - a large oversized men's chambray shirt, a size 26 ladies linen shirt, a doona for the reverse side and material from another doona for the band and tie. It was amazing the amount of material that you needed for the skirt.
The pattern wasn't specifically for a reversible skirt but I basically made two skirts put right sides together, stitched around the outside and then turned it the right way around before putting on the waist band.
I did sew in the ditch up the side seams to keep both sides together. I think I could have done a better job of that. It was hard to match them up exactly.
I did a boro/sashiko patch on the front and back. I like how I was able to incorporate one of the pockets from the front of the men's shirt on the back. It can still be used as a pocket.
Repurposing second hand clothes takes a bit of thinking and sometimes a bit of unpicking. I had to unpick some darts to be able to get the section of fabric I needed. But I love the thought that I have made something so unique from material that was preloved, possibly saving some fabric from landfill.
It would have cost me less than $10 to make and I still have some left over fabric to use in other projects.